All shoe trees can be made with a hinge, push pull pivot or three-piece construction with wax and polish, and can be hollowed in various styles, finished with a variety of dyes or varnishes, and can incorporate a broad selection of hardware or wooden handle shapes. The most popular styles are customarily made with a sunken hinge or three-piece construction and are waxed and polished.
Riding boot, cowboy boot, and ankle boot trees are also available.
Options for wood selection include:
Light in weight and in colour
- Jelutong or Obeche (very lightweight)
- Tulip (still lightweight although stronger)
- Cedar (often used unfinished and thought to keep freshness)
- Beech (medium lightweight wood)
Heavier in weight and darker in colour (for those who prefer a strong wood and antique appearance)
Other wood varieties and custom stain finishes are available.
Options for tree hardware and handles include:
- Name plates in brass, or silver or gold plate
- Brass, silver or gold plate rings
- Knobs also available in brass, wood, or silver or gold plate
- Diamond, star, or pendant shaped wooden handles or another design of your choice
Typically 4-6 weeks turnaround.
All products involve a substantial amount of hand work. Therefore, delivery times are subject to change.
Prices from £185.
All prices plus VAT and postage costs.